Project Development Objective
The project development objective is to support the increased adoption of climate smart agricultural technologies in Lesotho’s agriculture, enhanced commercialization and improved dietary diversity among targeted beneficiaries.
PDO Level Indicators
The following key indicators will measure progress toward the PDO. Additional gender and youth indicators will also be used as detailed in the Results Framework.
- Land area brought under climate-smart agriculture and sustainable landscape management
- Increased household commercialization levels in project area
- Farmers adopting improved agricultural practices
- Households with increased dietary diversity (disaggregated by women and children)
Matching Grants Program
- To support private Investment (Businesses) in Productivity
- Enhancement of Climate Smart Agricultural Technology
- Commercialization of Agriculture
- Protected Agriculture – Shade nets , Low tunnels and Greenhouses
- Improved Commercial Breeds – Poultry , Ram breeding ,Goats breeding and Rabbits breeding stock.
- Water Conservation – Irrigation systems and Water collection tanks
- Processing and Value adding initiates – Milling , Butcheries ,Simba Production , Tannery , Fruit drying , dairy processed products , Woolshed Equipment , Juice and Jam Production and Beekeeping initiatives.
News & Articles
The Mashai Nutrition club as one of our initiatives in supporting good nutrition in Lesotho.
Farmers Pitso Awards
This being the annual event to make farming famous, we would not miss it for the world..